Welcome to our second vintage of sparkling wine in cans, this year with THREE wines and ONE wine-cider coferment (fall release), clocking in at a combined 900 cases! That's about 20% of our total production, so you can tell we are bullish about cans...see why below.
We are proud of the quality of the wines and the ingenious labels drawn by our friend and uber talented artist Amy Noonan of @nooney_toons. Our excitement overfloweth, so we've added some fun toys for your summer of natural wine bubbles (we all need it). As with all our wines, made with legit organic grapes, low sulfur, native yeasts and low alcohol.
- 100% recyclable. Unlike other 'alternative packaging' with plastic non-recylable liners, these aluminum cans contain more than 3X the recycled content of glass or plastic, and are recyled 60% more than glass. The aluminum is also manufactured right here in the Bay area, not overseas!
- Light as a feather* (*just about, close to an unladen swallow). So it means you can take them wherever your heart desires. Beach, hiking, camping... the options are endless. Plus, lighter to ship which is good for the carbon footprint.
- Bubbles! We've been itching to release sparkling wines, but were gobsmacked by the cost and weight of the bottles (again, the carbon footprint thing). With all due props to our sparkling wine friends, we opted to launch our bubble program in cans for the lighter weight and environmental footprint. Let it be said that unlike Champagne and other sparkling wines, these cans are not meant to age, so drink them now!
- Free your mind. Think of the can simply as packaging. Yes, you can drink for a can, but... do you drink straight from the bottle? Once you think of them as just another way to pour a beverage out of a container, your mind will be free to enjoy!
- Value. Each can is a 375ml container, or half bottle. At $22 a “bottle” (aka 2 cans) for the sparkling red/white and $14 a bottle for the Piquette, these wines represent a value. These are not to be confused with $6 retail, machine farmed, 500k+ case lots.
Plus! Fun stuff to go with it all: Stainless steel tumblers. We love these double walled tumblers and take them everywhere. The sparkly shiny Koozee returns in limited quantity and the new limited release Bucking Luna eco T-shirts, made with recycled materials.
You may click on each wine below for full details, or shop from this page. Our shipping offers apply, note that 2 cans = 1 one bottle. We are having a few issues, if you are overcharged for qualified shipping offers, it will be refunded.
The much awaited new release of Bucking Luna sparkling red, with a front label update!
Inspired by our baby mini Donkey, Luna, born 4 days before the 2020 Shelter in Place began. Since then she has been bucking every day around 5 pm, heralding in happy hour - she is really bucking cute.
Made from kick ass organic grapes - 53% carbonic Carignan, 75 year old vines, and 47% rose of Cinsault, from 135 year old vines!
Enjoy this 10.5% alc, tongue tickling summer treat - it's bright, fresh, dry, and zippy! Pour into a glass and share. Perfect for the beach, picnic, or backyard.
Each can is 375 ml, aka half bottle!
sold out sorry, more next year!
Our first canned sparkling white wine! And the unicorn Picpoul to boot!
Enjoy this 10.7% alc, tongue tickling summer treat - it's bright, dry, fresh and zippy! Pour into a glass and share. Perfect for the beach, picnic, or anywhere you're headed off to.
100% picpoul: 80% stainless steel for brightness. and 20% 12-day skin contact for texture.
Each can is 375 ml, aka a half bottle!
What's old is new again! Revived from the ancient Greeks & Romans, this sparkler is made from the skins of carbonic Carignan. Enjoy this 7% alc, tongue tickling summer treat - it's bright, dry, fresh and zippy! Pour into a glass and share. Perfect for the beach, picnic, or backyard.
If you're a fan of Kombucha or Gose beers, this is right up your alley.
For more about the history of Piquette, check this out
Each can is 375 ml, aka a half bottle!
Limited! A brand new unisex t-shirt, with logo from our 2020 Bucking Luna canned sparkling, featured kicking the coronavirus AND of course, and certain ex Prez.
Feel your impact in this crazy-soft sustainable tee that uses an equivalent of up to 6 recycled plastic water bottles. All yarn is spun, knit, fabric dyed and finished in the U.S.A. We put this through extensive wash tests and it retains its softness and shape.
Sizes S-XXL. Please click here to get a drop down of sizes to select.
Our favorite on the road, on a plane, or at the beach - these awesome tumblers keeps your coffee hot, and your cocktail/beer/wine/cider cold for hours. Ditch the plastic wine glass, this sturdy investment will serve you well for years.
This 12 oz tumbler features a double wall stainless steel with copper vacuum insulation, stainless steel rim, push-on clear lid, and powder coated finish.
In full disclosure - this was NOT the Koozie we had asked for when we introduced them last year, nor had the vendor disclosed it has a shimmery back. When we first opened the box we did a double take, and debated returning them. We took one to the winery to show the bottling crew, who all went ga-ga, and voila, so did all of you! So here they are for a limited time, only 200 made.
Get your sparkling canned wine groove on with a sparkling Koozie!